We take privacy seriously
This policy (the “Policy”) explains when and why we collect personal information from individuals who visit our website (https://allisonworldwide.com/; the “Website”), how we use that information, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Policy also sets out what rights you have in relation to your personal information.
WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY
This policy (the “Policy”) explains when and why we collect personal information from individuals who visit our website (https://allisonworldwide.com/ the “Website”), how we use that information, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Policy also sets out what rights you have in relation to your personal information.
This Website is operated by Allison+Partners . By visiting our Website and submitting your personal information to us, you agree that we can use your personal information in accordance with this Policy. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this page occasionally for updates.
If you have any questions about this Policy and our privacy practices, you can email us at [email protected] or write to us at Attention: the Data Protection Officer, Allison+Partners, One World Trade Center, Floor 69, New York, NY 10007.
USE OF ‘COOKIES’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences.
For how we use your information that is collected using cookies and similar technologies please see our “Cookies” policy.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM OUR WEBSITE?
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. Generally, this information is requested when you want us to provide you with information.
We may gather the following information about you:
- Personal information that you provide us by filling in forms on our Website or otherwise when you contact us (including your name, phone number, email address, and any other personal information that you choose to provide us);
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this Website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and Website navigation paths) and we may collect this information from third party sources including via Google Analytics, Facebook and Getclicky cookies and pixels; and
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email newsletters (including your name and email address).
You are not required to provide us with your personal information. But if you choose not to, then we may be unable to provide you with some or all of our services.
HOW DO WE USE IT?
When we process your personal data, we need to have a legal basis for doing so, as set out in the section ‘ Legal basis for processing your personal information’, below. Sometimes, we might ask your permissions to process your personal data, such as when you subscribe to receive email newsletters and other marketing messages from us. We use personal information we obtain in connection with our Website for the following purposes:
- to deliver our services and to provide you with information about our services;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- to send you communications which you have agreed to receive and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, newsletters and promotions of our services. You may unsubscribe at any time. If you do not wish to receive this information, please update your preferences by contacting us at [email protected];
- to respond to and deal with your enquiries, requests, and complaints; and,
- to maintain, provide, operate and improve the Website.
LEGAL BASIS FOR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- our use of your personal information is necessary to perform our obligations under any contract with you (for example, to fulfil an order which you place with us and to comply with our contract to provide services to you); or
- use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to ensure the security of our Website). Our legitimate interests are to:
- run, grow and develop our business (as well as the businesses of our group companies;
- operate our Website;
- carry out marketing, market research and business development; and
- for internal group administrative purposes.
If we rely on our (or another person’s) legitimate interests for using your personal information, we will undertake a balancing test to ensure that our (or the other person’s) legitimate interests are not outweighed by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of the personal information.
We may process your personal information in some cases for marketing purposes on the basis of your consent (which you may withdraw at any time after giving it, by contacting us at [email protected]).
If we rely on your consent for us to use your personal information in any way, but you later change your mind, you may withdraw your consent by contacting us at [email protected] and we will stop doing so. However, if you withdraw your consent, this may impact the ability for us to be able to provide some of our services to you.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
We may share your personal information:
- With our group companies where it is in our legitimate interests to do so to enable us to provide our marketing services to you, and for internal administrative purposes (for example, for corporate strategy, compliance, auditing and monitoring, research and development and quality assurance).
- With the following third parties or categories of third parties:
- Website hosts who may access personal data when providing us with hosting, support and maintenance services;
- HubSpots who provide marketing services to us, and other companies that assist in our marketing, advertising and promotional activities;
- Suppliers and customers, but only in an anonymised and aggregated statistical form, to demonstrate what interest there has been in any marketing campaigns we have assisted our suppliers in carrying out;
- Service providers and sub-contractors, including suppliers of technical and support services and cloud service providers;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us to improve and optimize our Website.
We may also disclose and use anonymised, aggregated reporting and statistics about users of our Website or our services for the purpose of internal reporting or reporting to our group or other third parties, and for our marketing and promotion purposes. None of these anonymised, aggregated reports or statistics will enable our users to be personally identified.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations (including Allison+Partners-affiliated companies) for the purposes of completing tasks and providing marketing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured we will not without your consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of third party direct marketing.
Transfer of personal information between countries
Allison+Partners is a global marketing and communication agency – we provide our services in locations throughout the world. This means that your personal information may be transferred to or accessed by entities around the world, including Allison+Partners-affiliated companies located in the USA.
HOW WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed. The length of time for which we retain personal information depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. For more information about the duration for which we hold your personal information please contact [email protected].
We respect your ability to know, access, correct, transfer, restrict the processing of, and delete your personal information. To exercise your privacy rights, please contact [email protected].
Your rights include the following:
- Accessing your personal information: You may ask to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to receive an explanation about how we process your data. You may also ask us for details of the safeguards which are in place if we transfer your information outside of the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
- Correcting your personal information:If we hold personal information about you that you determine to be out of date or incorrect, you have the right to tell us that it is out of date or incorrect and ask us to amend it. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to delete your information: You may ask us to delete any personal information which we are holding about you in certain specific circumstances. You can as us for further information on these specific circumstances by contacting us at [email protected]. We will also pass your request on to other recipients of your personal information unless that is impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You can ask us who the recipients are by contacting us at [email protected].
- Portability Requests:In certain circumstances, you may ask us to port your personal information from our database to another organisation or to give this information to you. This right only applies where we use your personal information on the basis of your consent or performance of a contract.
- Restricting our use and erasure: You have the right to ask us to only use your personal information for certain purposes. You may ask us for further information on these specific purposes by contacting us at [email protected]. We will pass your request on to other recipients of your personal information unless that is impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You can ask us who the recipients are by contacting us at [email protected].
- Right to stop marketing: You can also ask us to stop using your personal information in certain circumstances, for example, to unsubscribe from our marketing emails. If you exercise this right, we will stop using your personal information for this purpose.
- Right to object: You may ask us to consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information where we process your personal information on the basis of our or another person’s legitimate interest.
If you have any queries or concerns when it comes to processing your personal information, then please contact us at Privacy. If you remain dissatisfied, then you can make a complaint about the way we process your personal information to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office here.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our Website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.